Huawei Watch 3 is currently making buzz among consumers because it’s likely to be the first smartwatch to pre-equip HarmonyOS software system, moving from LiteOS. This device is also likely to bring a set of new features for the consumers but Huawei has not confirmed any launch dates at the moment.
But does it means that Huawei forgets its previous smartwatch users when the company launches a new one? The answer is simple No! Because, the Chinese tech takes care of its existing users by sending new software updates and optimizations via OTA updates.
Earlier this month, Huawei sent a new firmware update for the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro, which installed new optimizations and improved system stability. These to provide a better user experience as well as to increase overall system performance.
Now, Huawei has released a new software update for its other important smartwatch, the Huawei Watch GT 2e. The latest software version for this device brings a bunch of new features and optimizations including the ability to download new watch faces from teh Huawei Health app on iOS.
This latest update also adds new features to the Weather, Barometer, and workout apps, as well as new optimizations that increase the smoothness of the watch.
This update allows users to download clear watch faces from the Huawei Health app on their iOS phones and adds new features to the Weather, Barometer, and Exercise apps. Update your watch to try.
- Supports downloading new watch faces from the Huawei Health app on iOS phones.
- It lets you check a variety of new information, including sunrise, sunset, and tide information in the Weather app.
- Adds moon phase information to the weather app.
- It adds the bad weather alert feature to the barometer app.
- Allows you to view Cadence (minutes) and Cadence (rpm) during elliptical workouts in the Training app.
- Optimizes system stability in certain situations
Some things to know before you update:
- For a better user experience, you are advised to update the Huawei Health app to the latest version in the app store first.
- Keep Bluetooth connected during the update. If the update fails, try again.
- Updating the wearable device may take some time. Please wait for the progress bar on the device to complete. The device will automatically restart after the update complete.
- If you encounter any issues when using the device, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.